How we use your dataWhat information does VisaHQ collect about me?
You are in control of your personal information. In this section you can learn about data we collect to learn more.Your choices about data we collect
We provide you with the tools to control your account information and guidance on how it is used. Simply access your account or contact us to:
- View and update your account information such as name, email address, phone number and billing address.
- View and update your contact preferences for receiving account and product related messages and marketing communications.
Coming soon for European Union customers! Find out more about upcoming account centre features.Contact us
Name: Maria Firmino
Position: UK & EU Region Director of Operations
Country: UK, Republic of Ireland, and Germany
Address: Postfach 60255 10052 Berlin, Germany
View and update your contact preferences for receiving account and product related messages and marketing communications.
Coming soon for European Union customers! Find out more about upcoming account centre features.
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.Securing your digital identity
It takes dedication to build a digital identity. Here are the ways we are dedicated to helping you protect yours.Secure communication channels
We encrypt personal data provided to us via web forms using up to date standards to prevent others from intercepting the information in transit.Account authentication
We require a unique user name and method of identification, such as password or shopper PIN, to log into your accounts. We also provide the option for you to add two-step verification.Security training
Our employees receive annual training and periodic bulletins regarding good security practices.Layered approach to security
We protect our corporate network using many different layers of security.
We employ physical protection measures to ensure the safety of our employees and equipment.
We utilize a combination of software and devices to protect our network from would be intruders.
We have a dedicated team of security professionals who oversee device and application security practices.How you can protect your data
You are in control of your account security. Use good security practices to protect your personal data.Secure your password
Here are some helpful tips for keeping your password secure:
- Never share your password.
- Do not reuse passwords across accounts.
- Log out of your account when you use a computer you share with other people.
- Many sites provide useful methods for creating strong passwords, including this National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) article on 'Easy ways to Build a Better P@$$w0rd.'
- We recommend you change your password and shopper PIN at least every six (6) months for each account.
For even greater security, consider setting up two-step verification.What is the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’)?
The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 replaces the EU Data Protection Directive of 1995 and supersedes the laws of individual Member States that were developed in compliance with the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC. Its purpose is to protect the "rights and freedoms" of natural persons (i.e. living individuals) and to ensure that personal data is not processed without their knowledge, and, wherever possible, that it is processed with their consent.How can I access the information held about me by VisaHQ?
At your request, we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. You can request the following information:
What forms of ID will I need to provide to access this?
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
VisaHQ accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
How can I update or correct my personal information?
- Passport/Citizen Card; and
- Recent proof of address
You can manage their personal information through your online portal, alternatively you can contact us and request we manually update your details or email preferences.